To play back recorded videos using common media players, follow the steps below to install the GeoVision video codec.
- Download the video codec according to the version of the GV-System in which the video was recorded with.
- If you are using Windows 7, disable the User Account Control.
- Extract the zip file onto the desktop.
- Double-click to run GeoCodecReg.exe. The installation process is almost instant. There will be no finish message.
- Play the video with Windows Media Player or other common media players.
Note: If you are still unable to view the recorded video, play the video through Remote ViewLog instead.
Video Codec for GV-System V188.8.131.52